Kaftan is a dress that is of ankle length. It is loosely fitted and gives a flattering look to the one wearing it. People often think that women can wear kaftan on beaches but this is not true. Kaftan is a flattering and chic outfit that you can wear anywhere to impress a number of people. Originally kaftan is an ankle dress which was button up and was worn by the men of Middle East. It can be of silk or cotton also, it can have a belt around it. The length of the sleeves can vary from elbow to longer sleeves. With the passage of the time kaftan has become a trendy dress which looks classic and flattering. Women wear it at different occasions and it make a fashion statement with it
- It is used as a cover on at beaches. Women often wear kaftan over there swimming dresses like bikinis and swimsuits. The kaftans that are wore on beaches are made up of light and breezy fabric. Women who are conscious of their body cover their body with it.
- Women wear kaftans on both formal and casual occasions. women with any shape a body can wear it to cover their bodies. Long sleeves and low V neck look flattering. You can wear it with a soft shoulder bag with big designer sunglasses and you will look chic on beach or a summer party.
- Bright colours with printed floral patterns look classy on beach. If you want to show off your waist you can wear a belt on your waist. Also, you can wear cropped kaftan over your shorts.
- Kaftans can be used as both sleepwear and loungewear. Choose a kaftan that is made up of a fabric which is soft and keeps your body comfortable.
- If you are going on a formal event then you can choose a fabric that is fancy like silk or satin.
- Both long and short kaftans are available in the market. If you are going to a formal event then wearing a long outfit is a right choice as it looks classy. And if you are going to a casual event then go with short length kaftan and pair it with leggings or jeans.
- As kaftan is a loose fit dress so pair a bag with it that is smaller in size like a clutch for a formal event.